| Group By Type
| Library Recommended
The Library also provides access to resources in an online, electronic format. Over 50 electronic databases (indexes, abstracts, and full-text) are available on the Web at no cost to PHC students, faculty and staff. (Community users are encouraged to visit your local public library for electronic resources.)
In addition, the Library allows access to over 35,000 academic ebooks from netLibrary through the campus network. Users must create their own username and password to access these items.
Finally, over 5,000 of our periodical subscriptions appear in electronic, online format.
- *Library Recommended*
- Often used resources
- *Search Engines/Web Directories*
- Search the web
- *Topics of Current Interest*
- Hot Topic websites and timely reports
- netLibrary and public domain e-text publishers
- ~General Indexes~
- Indexing of newspapers, magazines, and journals on a broad range of subjects.
- ~Internships & Careers~
- Resume writing, interviewing, job searching, etc.
- Loudoun County Public Library, Library of Congress, and other libraries
- ~Periodicals Online~
- Access newspapers, magazines, and journals through the Internet.
- Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Thesauri, Quote books, Almanacs, and quick fact sources.
- Art Research
- Classics Research
- Creative & Professional Writing Research
- See Writing/Research for style guides and basic research and writing information.
- Economics Research
- Education Research
- Foreign Policy Research
- Resources for International Politics and Policy.
- Government Search Sites - Sites about the US Government
- Government Sites - Sites by the US Government
- Selected government web sites
See also Law/Legal Research (includes Supreme Court decisions)
See also Public Policy Research (includes congressional bill tracking)
- History Research - American
- Includes founding documents.
- History Research - People
- History Research - World
- Journalism Research
- Law/Legal Research
- Lexis-Nexis and other legal resources, includes Constitutional law and Supreme Court decisions
- Literature Research
- Music Research
- Public Policy Research
- Resources for American Politics and Policy.
- Science Research
- Biology, Medicine, Technology, and other sciences
- Social Sciences Research
- Psychology, sociology, and other social sciences
- Theology, Religion, & Philosophy Research
- Writing/Research - Copyright and Other Rights
- Complying with copyright laws and avoiding plagiarism. Also intellectual property rights, digital privacy, and other related issues.
- Writing/Research - Source Evaluation
- Tips and checklists for evaluating web sites
- Writing/Research - Style Manuals
- Writing and citation rules and examples for APA, APSA, Chicago, and MLA
Full Text Available - These electronic resources offer the full text of some (if not all) items.
Restricted Access - These electronic resources may only be used by PHC students, faculty, and staff.