IPP - Course Objectives
Academic Learning Objectives:
Upon graduation, students will have been trained to:
- Develop and apply biblical principles and a Christian worldview to the study and practice of government.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the relevant, competing political philosophies and theories that currently guide and have historically guided the political world.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the policymaking process.
- Demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of international relations, comparative political systems, U.S. foreign policy, and international economic systems.
- Develop and apply effective research and writing skills to the study and practice of government, politics, policy and economics.
- Develop and demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
- Be an astute, informed, and active citizen at all levels of government and non-profit service.
- Be able to assimilate smoothly into the political, policy, or governmental workplace.